Do These 6 Things Before A Road Trip
Road Trip: 6 Car Maintenance Items Before You Go
There’s almost nothing that will put a damper on your road trip vacation like having car trouble. Not only will you incur unnecessary expense and wasted time but you’re also at the mercy of whoever you are able to get to fix your car in the fastest time possible.
Here at JERS Automotive in Glenview, our customers often bring their cars to us for service before they head out on a road trip. Whether it’s an oil change and tire rotation, new tires, new battery or some other form of car maintenance or repair, it’s a great idea to have your car serviced before heading out of town. Although it’s impossible to predict the future or when a vehicle will encounter problems, we do recommend having your vehicle serviced and checked before heading out on a road trip. Below is Joe’s list of six essential items to check.
Joe’s 6 Car Maintenance Items To Do Before A Road Trip:
- Check your fluid levels as stated in your owner’s manual. Oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, radiator fluid and washer fluid are all important. If any of the levels are low, fill them. Low oil, transmission fluid or radiator fluid levels are a simple recipe for being stranded on the side of the road.
- Check your tires (including the spare) when they are cold. Refer to your owner’s manual for the correct inflation pressure. Correct tire pressure helps with fuel economy and handling. Incorrect pressure can lead to tire failure, premature wear, decreased fuel economy and bad handling.
- Have your battery checked.
- Check that all of your lights work. Headlights and turn signals are essential to safety.
- Check your wiper blades. If you notice that they are worn or have seen any streaking, it’s time to replace them.
- Throw out any trash, especially around your feet. Anything that can impair your ability to use the pedals is a hazard.
Here are JERS, the short list above is part of our dedication to keeping your car reliable and safe.
For your convenience, our handy appointment scheduler will put you right on our schedule!